Implementing new software is often overwhelming to both software companies and the new customers they’re bringing onboard. Our job at Optina is to simplify that process by expertly handling the three most challenging items of any implementation: mining, mapping and migrating the data.
We’re looking for a motivated, optimistic employee with great communication skills and project management experience to codify expectations, dates and resources for data migration projects.
Location: Utah or Puerto Rico
- Onboarding new clients
- Work closely with clients throughout implementations and during engagements to understand their objectives, needs and requirements
- Prioritize and manage multiple complex initiatives and projects, serving various customers with available resources; respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities
- Work with clients to identify, understand, and document functional requirements. Facilitate the translation of business requirements into a supportive solution
- Work with the Optina implementation team members to gather, document, and communicate requirements to Optina Engineering and Sales departments as well as clients and their staff
- Create and maintain project plans and schedules
- Create, maintain and enforce Rules of Engagement: Change of Management Strategy, Issues Logs,
- Communication Strategy, Risk Strategy, Status Template
- Strive for customer satisfaction in the implementation phase while ensuring project profitability, preventing scope creep and preventing poor expectations
- Collaborate with the Optina Delivery team to provide the necessary organizational and technical consulting expertise to each engagement
- Deliver project requirements on-time and within scope
- Manage and track the invoicing schedule and alert Finance when billable milestones are met.
- Ensure that the Executive Sponsor program for each client is maintained and exercised
- React quickly and be ready to shift priorities as needed and required
- Document highly effective written communications including, but not limited to, project plans, schedules and status reports
- Assist Sales with RFP and SOW responses, ensuring relevance and profitability
- Continuously look for opportunities to up sell services/product during implementation cycle
- Actively work toward the ability to reference clients during and after each implementation.
- Provide knowledge transfer to Operations and Support during the transfer of the Project from Implementation to Operation stage.
- Relate technical concepts to applications and user needs
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in Project Management
- Strong familiarity with Project Management Software
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to defuse tension among project teams, should it arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical understanding of software operations systems
- Ability to work comfortably with software engineers
- Great interpersonal and active listening skills
- Must be service and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 4+ Years Project Management Experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Experience in large scale, multi team projects
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Experience in the HCM sector a plus